Support: This site is about support, both giving and receiving. I have started trying to comment more on others pages, to help and encourage them through their journey after I found that the comments on my posts were deminishing. My view pages tell me that my blog is being read, but without those comments, it feels like I'm doing this on my own sometimes. I know this journey is all my own doing, physically, but I dont know anyone that has lost weight without help, encouragement and support from others. I understand that some of my readers dont have blogs themselves, but that doesnt mean that they cant offer support through comments, either on the blog page or on my facebook page. For the support from everyone I thank you! Let me hear what you have to say though :P even if its just saying hey, you are going good, keep at it :) and i promise i will try harder for other bloggers :)
Accountability: the whole reason i started this blog is to make myself accountable for my actions that were previously sabotaging my efforts. i guess it relates back to the whole comments thing, but if i slip up or go about things the wrong way, i would love advice on what to do next time, or just plain call me out on it, so that im made accountable. and in return, I will make a real effort to tell my readers not just the good parts of my week, but also my bad choices i made. sometimes its hard admitting to doing wrong, due to embarrassment or whatever, but if i dont have to face the consequences, then im not really going to change am i??
Constructive criticism.
No one likes being told that they are wrong, but I think its good for a person to be told so when needed, ensuring it is said in a constructive way. "There are different levels of truth and I think in blogland we all lean a little too close to the nicest truth possible. Like don't worry about this setback, you're a rockstar and you'll learn from your mistakes and do better when really, maybe someone needs to hear self-sabotage will keep you from achieving your goals, so what are you going to change about your habits to prevent this again? I want you all to be brutally honest with me, don't sugar coat it (because sugar has a lot of calories and I'm trying to cut back)."
I want to learn from my mistakes (and be made aware of them). However im not going to do that if im always being told that its ok.
Again, I want to thank everyone for their support in my journey. I WILL get to where I want to be, I just hope I can travel the road with supporters that will help me get there faster!
And remember: You may delay, but time will not.
Erin's post really rang true to me as well. Just wanted to say hi..I'm reading! I need to get better at commenting and I'm definitely going to make a better effort.
ReplyDeletedifferent but the same.
ReplyDeleteit takes a VILLAGE for all things in my misfitlife.
xo
Im a follower who respects what you are doing to get healthy. Let me know how I can better/further support you.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a great post she had.. i was a day late in reading it but so glad I made it on today to see it! Its definitely tough keeping up with your own blog, reading others and commenting but definitely worth trying to in the long run :0)
ReplyDeleteIve been reading too and am so supporting you! I think I might get back into blogging, it's very good for the soul!
ReplyDeleteHey how far can you run at the moment in one hit? Im still keen to meet up but am worried about being too slow/fat for you :(
We can do this chick - we are totally worth it, our bodies are worth it and a positive life is so worth it!
heya :) thanks for the comment :) um just started doing run 3 mins, walk 2 mins. repeat for like an hour. do you think you could do that? im finding it so much harder to get my fitness up to where i want to be!
DeleteI'm with you all the way. I think there is a fine line between support, and sugar coating. I wouldn't want that either.
ReplyDeleteI'm so flattered by this post and so happy that it spoke to you! I'm definitely here to support you whenever you need it, we're all in this together!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I also loved Erin's too. I think you're spot on with all the points you raised. I found all 3 extremely important throughout my weightloss journey and without them I doubt I would have hit my goal. Thanks for the comment on my blog by the way!! :)
ReplyDelete